Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 45: Day 384: Reflections on Missionary Work and Life


February 10, 2014

Hallooo!

Happy Valentine's Day on Friday, AKA, my least favorite holiday. haha Regardless of that fact, we painted our nails in that awful color in celebration. (: hahaha. Okay... back to the important stuff. I hope you all had a good week! Ours was long and hard but it all pulled through by the end of the week and made it worth it and I think my talk even went okay!

We found a few people who I have really high hopes for and it looks like we have more programs set up for this week, which means not so much finding without any breaks! We did a lot of finding this week, pretty much just tracted, and got a couple let-ins! We've started tracting with no bags or anything and no written out survey. We just "wing it," but really, we're not winging it at all; the point of it is to give room for the Spirit to come in and direct our words and the questions that we ask by inspiration, rather than a rehearsed survey that we just ask and then move in. It's been pretty cool so far. I think this transfer has really humbled me and helped me to appreciate the tender mercies and the rare times when people will stop and talk to us or let us in. I also really appreciate my bed, but I feel like we sleep for 5 minutes and then the alarm goes off and I'm still exhausted. It's strange. I'm getting a little bit tired of this city, but I also feel like I would really like to stay here with Sister Kovács. I really love her and we have so much fun, even when finding is long and hard. I can't decide what I think is happening next week. We'll see!

I love it out here, but I'm also so excited to come home. Sometimes I feel like I could bounce off a wall and burst, because I'm so excited. I don't want to come home and face some things and the real world, but I'm trying to focus on the things I am excited about instead. I'm glad I can still focus on all of this and serve for 5 and half months though. I feel like there's still so much more out here for me to do. Sometimes I wish I could just have both worlds though. (: It's SO weird to hear about everyone getting married or getting mission calls or moving to other places now. It's a weird concept that I left and life still went on and everything will be very different when I come home. I'm glad that I came out though. I feel like I've changed a lot, yet not really at the same time. I'm so much more prepared for life now, have better habits and a more serious view on life and church. Yet, I feel like my personality is almost exactly the same, just more refined with things like patience and maybe a little maturity.... haha (: I can't believe that I graduated from high school almost TWO years ago and that I have nephews and brother-in-laws. What? When did that happen?

Anyway, I hope that you're all enjoying your every minute. Even when all you want to do is go home and lay in bed, or go on a date (hahah), and your day is really long and hard, just find reasons to smile and laugh. Enjoy today before it's gone and before you know it, you're 20 years old and halfway through a mission you never planned to go on and your brain hasn't even registered that you're old enough to be serving a mission yet. Read your scriptures! Pray! And not just once in the morning and at night or when you need help. On my mission I've learned the true meaning of always having a prayer in your heart. Try to have a constant conversation in your mind with the Lord throughout the day. It helps! If you love the Lord, keep the commandment; All of them. No excuses of what your weaknesses are. If you haven't been, well, that's what repentance is for. (: Thank goodness for that, eh? (:

I love you all! Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you from the far-away Hungary-lands and I will do it. Have a good week! Talk (Write) to you on Tuesday! (Not Monday!)

Love,

Sister Megan Butterfield

 Last Sunday night, we realized we had accidentally left our phone in the branch house in the morning, but we were already in pajamas and we had to hurry back to finish weekly planning, so we tried our best to look presentable.... Hahaha! We almost died the whole way laughing because we felt ridiculous, but it was sure dark outside. and luckily we found the phone. (: 


The JW church building we always walk by. OH! We went into a building a couple days ago to tract and who did we find?! The JWs tracting the same building at the same time! Hahaha. I'll tell you more about it next week, if I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment