Sunday, February 10, 2013

Letter to Mom and Dad Week 2


Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Dear Mom and Dad,
How are you both doing? I hope everything is going well! Also, I thought of a couple more things; it would be nice to have some more dryer sheets, I already bought laundry detergent, hopefully it lasts my whole time here. There’s this place in Provo that I guess delivers cinnamon rolls and cupcakes through Dear Elder. I've tried both and their regular cinnamon rolls are really good! J
So far I haven’t gained any weight! That’s good, I guess! I have a feeling that I will soon, but just from muscle weight.
The MTC is a roller coaster. Sometimes it’s really good; sometimes it’s awful and I find myself wondering if I can really last 18 months. I have so much more respect for missionaries and RM'S now and I've only been here for 2 weeks. I’m getting along better with my companion, I It’s just really difficult because we’re so different and there’s not much I can think of to talk about. I’m still praying for help. It was kinda cool the other night when I was in a really good mood. I prayed again for help loving her and seeing her how God sees her. A few minutes later she was climbing down from her bunk and . . . I just saw this timid, meek little girl. It was a cool moment. . . .
I don’t know, this is a confusing place. I get really stressed out when I think about the future and every time I think about teaching lessons, which is unfortunate because teaching lessons is the main thing missionaries do and it just makes me sick. I feel like I’m not a good teacher at all and I always feel so awkward. I pray for the Spirit and I try to feel it and listen to it, but I don’t feel anything during my lessons/ no guidance. I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing or doing wrong.
All I have to say is thank goodness for my district and especially my zone leaders. We laugh way too much in my district. But really, the zone leaders are my best friends and I’m always so happy to see them in the hallway and at meals. I’m never at loss for what to talk about with them and they just always make me laugh and feel better. I’ll be really sad when they leave in 12 days, hopefully the MTC isn't too depressing without them.
Anyway, keep updating me on life back home. I have no idea what goes on in the real world. Love you both! Also, do whatever you want with this letter. Post it on the blog if you think it’ll help someone.
Love,
Megan
P.S. from the next morning: Good luck with Jenny and Scott moving this weekend. Take pictures for me! I love you!
P.P.S: I had an amazing lesson this morning for an investigator; it was awesome! J

No comments:

Post a Comment