Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 49: Day 412: Words of Wisdom From My Planner

Day 412

March 10, 2014

Hey!

Sorry, I spaced on time and have been trying to figure out classes and housing and such, but we have a program in 25 minutes, so I'm going to have to run pretty quick. I'll send this week's pictures later. Before I forget, I just want to send some birthday shout-outs to Emily, Katie, Alise and Nate. Everyone's getting old! Yikes. Also, I'll be emailing on Tuesday next week instead of Monday, because it's.... transfer week! Yes, again. And again in 4 weeks.

Uhh…I didn't really write good notes this week for things to tell you about. Mostly... well…On Wednesday we're heading up to Buda for a combined Zone Conference with the Budapest Zone. Elder Dyches (of the Second Quorum of the Seventy, I believe) is coming to talk to us. So, pretty excited for that!

We had a rough week last week work wise, but we have a busier week planned this week, just praying that everything works out. But, it’ll all work out the way it needs to, so I'm not worried. (: We have a new investigator who is preparing for baptism for April! I can't believe that we already in March, which means that April is next month! Anyway, we're meeting with him on Thursday and planning to set that in stone! Guess what! Another priesthood holder for the branch! I mean, don't get me wrong, women are good too. It's just interesting that all the people baptized last year and this year are men that will strengthen the priesthood in this small branch.

I read a great talk this week by Elder Corbridge from when he was a mission president: The Fourth Missionary. It has really helped to shape my perspective yet again. This week I'm working on charity. I changed my perspective and rather than asking myself, "Is this wrong? Is this okay?" I try to ask the question we all know, "What would Jesus do?" Rather than walk the line or float along beside it, I would really like to do what Jesus did and stay from the line, on solid ground. Anyway, these are just a couple of my goals for the week. (:

Anywhooo, have a good week and I'll talk to you on Tuesday with transfer news. Ah! Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day! Sorry the email's a little weak, but we have to run to the branch house. Don't ask me why we have a program at 1:10. Sometimes people choose really strange times.


Love,

Sister Megan Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment