Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week 57: Day 468: Eight Branch Missionaries Called!

May 5, 2014

Hali!

6 days and we get to Skype!!! It just hit me today! Hopefully our week will fly until then. I can't believe that I only have 11 weeks left on my mission. What? It sounds crazy short, seeing as I had like 78 or something to begin with, yet it also sounds so far away still. Time is the weirdest concept; I will never understand it. Speaking of, I was reading D&C 58 yesterday and came across this scripture that was perfect after the week I had:

2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that akeepeth my commandments, whether in life or in bdeath; and he that iscfaithful in dtribulation, the ereward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
 3 Ye cannot behold with your natural aeyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the bglory which shall follow after much tribulation.
 4 For after much atribulation come the bblessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be ccrowned with much dglory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
 5 Remember this, which I tell you before, that you may alay it to heart, and receive that which is to follow.

I just wanted to share that with ya'll. I actually shared it yesterday at a feeding program all of us missionaries had with our branch president and his mom for (Hungarian) Mother's Day. I really like the part in verse 3 about our "natural eyes" and how we really can’t see the plan of God or what is to come later, but we just need to last through our hard times and be obedient and then we can trust that it will all work out and we will be blessed more than we can imagine. Easier said than done. I'll be the first to admit that.

Other than that, our week was interesting. It was a holiday on Thursday and we were in Budapest on Friday for interviews, so that whole day was wiped out. We had a decent number of dogs and had a pretty stressful week. Luckily, we made it through our very interesting interviews and came back and were able to throw ourselves back into our work fully and have a great weekend. On Sunday, eight branch missionaries were called, so now we are starting to work with them and help them learn the ropes! I'm stoked for this branch and its crazy progress. I've never seen anything like it and it's so cool! I just hope that I'm here next transfer to see it all through and to start using the new branch house that's almost finished, but I'm not so sure that I will be :/ We have 8 new sisters coming in two weeks and we've been told that this transfer will affect every single sister companionship and they'll have to open 4 cities (probably just re-open 3 that were closed temporarily 3 weeks ago) and have something like 13 sisters in leadership positions. So... it's going to be crazy and no one really knows what's happening yet.

We had an interesting night... At about 1 am I woke up to my companion freaking out again about some cockroaches, but I was too exhausted to even get up and check, so I told her to either kill them or just close the door so that they can't come out of the kitchen. All I heard was her shriek, "Oh no! They're coming towards us!" and then she slammed all the lights off and jumped back in bed... I fell back asleep pretty quickly, but started dreaming that I had cockroaches crawling all over me and then that my comp told me I had 5 in my bed with me. So at about 2:30, I couldn't take it anymore... I got a flashlight and put on some shoes and went for 'em. Ugh. They had come out of the kitchen and were in the hallway around (on) all of our shoes and a few had crawled into the bathroom and into our living room (lost those ones). It probably would have been really funny to see. I had the phone (for its flashlight) in one hand (because the lights scare them away) and a shoe in the other and I was just going crazy on them. I only freaked out when I lifted a shoe up and three went scurrying in opposite directions and I didn't know which one to go for... hahaha. One got stuck on its back and was hiding behind something that the show wouldn't fit through, so I frantically looked around for anything before it could flip back over and run away.... The only thing I could find was hairspray. Yep, I sprayed a cockroach with hairspray. Then I ran into the kitchen to find some kind of chemical that would actually kill it. I'll send a picture of some of them that I killed last night. Some of them were in too many pieces to salvage and other ones got squished on the carpet, so they aren't in the picture...Long story short, I killed them all single-handedly and then got back in bed just before 3 and of course, I couldn't sleep. So I just lay in bed until at least 5, just tossing and turning and thinking about life until I finally drifted off. Let's just say, the morning was pretty rough and I'm exhausted. I think it's about time I come home, this whole coming home thing is starting to take its toll on my eating and sleeping patterns the last couple of weeks. But...I love it out here, so I'm not complaining! Life just needs to pause for 11 weeks and I can deal with it later. (:

I have to run, but we're finishing emailing tonight again, before out program. Let me know if you're online. Love you all! Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Megan Butterfield

At dinner a few p-days ago.

Dinner last night at the branch president and his mom's apartment. I may or may not be sitting on her lap. Don't question it. Probably one of the best meals I've had on my mission though. 


Viki just got her mission call to the Washington Spokane Mission, leaving September 9th! She'll be in the MTC with Nate! 

Welcome to District Meetings in Szeged. S/O to Elder Giacalone (the District Leader) - See, I promised you'd make it on my blog. Happy? (:

 Some of the cockroaches I attacked last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment