Thursday, May 22, 2014

Week 59: Day 483: Transferred Again! That's Right -- 7 cities in 9 transfers!

May 20, 2014

Hey...

Well... we got transfer calls! Definitely a long week of waiting, since we knew everyone would be thrown for one with so many people coming in and leaving and so many new leaders needed. Turns out, I will be leaving to my SEVENTH city (7 cities in 9 transfers, in case anyone has lost track of the high count) tomorrow. I will be re-opening Dunaújváros with a greenie, so I have no idea who my companion will be yet. Sister Dinehart is also leaving, going to Kecskemét with the other Hungarian sister in our mission (if you go back and look at my email from last week, that was indeed my guess for her!). She's pretty much packed; I, on the other hand, have to go home and pack. I figured I was leaving, but I left that small speck of hope in my mind that I could still die here in Szeged.

For other news, I'm currently in single digits for number of weeks left on my mission, and that's starting to feel about right. It rained here all week last week, but the sun is finally back out again! It'll be an adventure taking all 6 of our suitcases and bags up to Buda tomorrow and then taking mine and my greenie's back... hopefully we can get the ZL's cars... (: The advantage of serving with zone leaders.

We had a really good week! Artur got confirmed in church yesterday! Csilla had her bap interview and passed, so the baptism will be on Sunday and obviously neither of us will be at it...awkward. We also bap challenged a mom and her son a couple days ago and they accepted! At this point the baptism is scheduled for August 3rd, so if we end up coming back then, maybe we can see some baptisms! (: We'll see!

Well, that's about all I have for you all this week, sorry. I read a talk from conference that really hit me this week and I wanted to share it with you, it's "More than conquerors through Him that Loved Us" by Paul V. Johnson. Read it! Have a good week, and I'll talk to you next week... from Duna...

Love,
Sister Megan Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment