Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 24: Life is GREAT!

Hey everyone!!

It's been a GREAT week over here in Veszprém! Sister Maxfield and I get along great and our work is picking up so fast! We have a few investigators that we meet with regularly now, some once a week, some a few times a week. We still aren't sure how solid they all are but we have high hopes for this transfer! I'm SO glad that this transfer is 10 weeks! Crazy, because we've all been dreading it for months since we first heard about it, but it's turned out to be the best thing ever! This week we managed to get Super Standard. That's a miracle in itself, if I ever saw one! Haha! We realized how close we were on Saturday without even trying to be and we just pushed ourselves a little harder on Saturday and Sunday for it and it all worked out! First time on my mission! Yeah!

I don't have too many stories; well I have some, just now a ton of time. One funny thing that happened was that we were teaching this lady a lesson in her apartment and we were just about to finish it, by asking her to offer the closing prayer for the first time, when we heard a knock on the door. Her daughter went and opened it and called her mom to the door, opening the door just wide enough for me to recognize our elders standing in the hallway. Hahaha! We all laughed. Hard. It was a good time. That's never happened before; they just happened to be tracting the one building, in an area of like 54234345 apartment buildings, that we were in. So good!

That's all I can think of for now! But I gotta run! Thanks for all your emails! I hope you're all doing well! I'll send you some pictures next week! We got a bunch of good ones with our elders here! Life is good out here in Hungary. How's America? Everyone as stoked for General Conference as I am? I hope so! If you feel like you're struggling, one thing I've learned is that it's in those times that the Lord blesses us the most and we see the most miracles in our life! I mean, hey, look at this crazy situation that I've been put in. I'm not capable of doing it on my own, but I have the Lord on my side and things are going great! Love you all!

Much Love,

Sister Butterfield

No comments:

Post a Comment