Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 33: So Many Cockroaches! Yikes!!! Plus Tons of Pictures!


November 18, 2013
Hey, hey!

What's up! I hope life is great, I didn't hear from some of you this week, which is funny because I finally have time to email longer! haha But I hope life is fantastic.

I don't really know how to describe my week. Haha. Sister Broadhead is the bomb, so we've been having fun over here in Fehérvár. But uh... let's just say we killed 43 cockroaches in our kitchen my first day here and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We stopped counting after 43 and then we came back and killed more that night. We went ham with the Raid and went through a whole bottle. No worries, the fumigators are coming tomorrow, we've just been avoiding our kitchen like the plague. Unfortunately that means we haven't really eaten too well this week, mostly just...bread, oreos, apples and plums. hahaha. Help. 

This week has flown by though! It's CRAZY how different each transfer is with each different companion and city and stuff. I have to say, this isn't my favorite city, there's something weird about it and I just haven't really felt that confirmation yet like "oh yeah, this is where I'm supposed to be" or "this is home." I went back to Veszprém for district meeting a couple days ago and that doesn't feel like home anymore either, so it's just been kind of a weird week of not feeling like I belong here. It's hard to explain. Actually, there going to have to close a city down to sisters in three weeks when Perkins and Kennedy go home and I have this weird feeling that it’s this city, but I'm almost positive that it's not, so I just need to start loving this city! (: We don't really have any really serious investigators that I know of, I haven't met with everyone yet, but from what it sounds like, we don't. Sister Broadhead actually opened this city with Sister Montenegro, from our MTC group, the same transfer that I was with Fowers in Veszprém, so they've both been open the same amount of time. This city is bigger than Veszprém; it's the 4th biggest in Hungary (so the only big city I'm missing is #3 Szeged), but it's really not big at all. Haha. The branch is definitely smaller than Veszprém's. We had 6 people in Relief Society, counting me and Sister Broadhead. 

Also, the wheel on my biggest suitcase got DESTROYED this transfer. Funny, because we were actually just talking about how sturdy they are and how they've lasted me 5 moving transfers without any problems. What should I do about it? I'm going to ask the members here if there's anywhere that replaces wheels, but would it be better to just buy a new one? Like will a new wheel stay sturdy? merr. This is a pain. 

We also found out that there are 3 new sisters (one Hungarian) coming in the transfer in January and then 8 in the next one in March, so pretty much everyone around my age will probably be training. Yikes. :\ Haha I do have to admit though, it's weird to go back co-senior after being senior. Super weird. I don't know how I feel about it yet…haha and I didn't think I'd ever say that. Maybe that's one of the reasons I needed this transfer. Who knows? But I still want to serve with pretty much everyone in my MTC group, because they're all like my favorite sisters in the mission and they're all awesome. I feel like we're all pretty much sisters, its weird haha. 

Anywho... I had the weirdest flashbacks of us all Christmas shopping in Chile, at those far away malls, when we'd all split up with different family members and buy presents for the ones we weren't with and then we'd split again. And yeah, it made me super trunky for a couple minutes. I miss those times! They seem SO long ago. I mean, I guess they were like 10 years ago. Ah. What happened to life?! Haha 

I love you all! Have fun this week! Watch a movie for me and then... don't tell me about it. (: Haha. But do update me on life, I have no idea what's happening in the real world, except for the typhoon. Scary stuff. 

Love,
Sister Butterfield



 Sister Maxfield and I in Duna last transfer for Zone Training.


 Stuff Sister Fresh gave me for my birthday! Haha!

 Just had to zoom in on our districts favorite part of the gift... hahaha!

Some halloween decorations that we made for our door.... don't worry, it wasn't my idea, I'm still the same old, not-creative, not-crafty me. Haha I'm sure some of you may have almost had a heart attack thinking that it was my idea to be creative. Haha take a deep breath. It's just something that makes Maxfield happy. Hahaha, plus then we ended up giving them to a little family who was having a Halloween party and they loved it (:

Writing notes for people's mail boxes on our way up to buda for interviews.. (:

 Train rides. Meet the Veszprém missionaries. ha

 some toe socks the elders bought me for my birthday (:




Wearin' the socks. Drinkin' "birds milk." It's the best.
The tag was probably one of the best parts of their gift. I figured you'd all enjoy it too.


We all look ridiculous, but...we always did this on our way to sport nap. The other kid comes to our English class and sport nap. He meets with the elders--kinda.

 On our way to Stake Conference in Pest a few weeks ago.

 Love these kids.

 Surprise birthday party at an RCLA's house that we visit every week. (:

 My two favorite members in Veszprém in one picture. Balázs and Gizi!

Zone conference in Buda; they planned theirs, I just happened to be wearing it too. Hahaha this is what you get when you all shop at H&M.

 Kriszti's (from Buda) baptism in Kispest! Panni's the other one in here, she's getting baptized in a couple weeks! (:

 Two of my favorite companions! Actually,I've loved pretty much all of them. (:

Panni! Miss her. 


 Yeahh, Sister Perkins! Can't believe she goes home in 3 weeks too. 

 Our district last transfer.It's mostly the same, just 2 people less and one new person.

Cockroaches! Don't worry, they aren't the huge, black, South American ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment