Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 17: 4th Transfer = 4th New City!!!

30 July 2013

Hello.

Well. Transfer calls came again this morning.......Can I just say: no matter how prepared I think I am for them, it is ALWAYS a punch in the stomach, without fail. Let's just say, when I got the call this morning, I literally asked if they were joking... multiple times. Also, I thought they were going to call back in five minutes and say Just Kidding! Here's your real call. They haven't called back yet, so I'm pretty sure that they were being serious, even if it hasn't sunk in yet. I told you all that my guess was that I'd stay in Buda for another one, if not two more transfers, sooo... obviously that isn't happening. I'm leaving once again. I'm opening up a new city to sisters in Veszprém! That's in the *Southwest of Hungary; you can probably look it up on a map. Also... my companion is Sister Fowers from my MTC district!!! We both thought we'd be companions at some point in our mission just from our experience in how well we work together and stuff. So, I'm super excited about that. But I am so angry! Haha. Don't worry, I'm not really showing it and I'm not angry at anyone in particular, even President or the Lord, because I know that it's what is supposed to happen. They've really been struggling out there, so we're actually replacing a companionship of elders. I just REALLY, really hoped that I'd get to stay in Buda for a long time. It's fun to see new cities and I'm super excited, don't get me wrong, it's just not super fun always being the new kid. But, Hey! That’s the way life is, right? Or…at least my life anyway...ha. Everyone was shocked when I did two “one-and-done’s” and was serving in my third city in my third transfer. Well, they all had one coming for 'em. Surprise! President wasn't kidding when he cracked those jokes. Actually, I'm really interested to see what happened, because when the AP called me on the phone and I asked him 500 times if he was actually being serious and then I think he felt really bad and so he was trying to tell me all the good things about it and it was just funny, cause we're good friends and I just told him that I was super excited, just in shock and processing it all. Hahaha i think it scared him. Plus, he said something along the lines of "Hey, you're super lucky! This just barely changed; it wasn't going to happen like this." So that's why I'm really interested to see what happened and what was originally supposed to happen, because it sounds like it all changed last minute. But, yeah, so Fresh is staying in Buda and getting my last companion, Sister Perkins! I'm sooo mad that I have to leave my investigators here. They are the best people ever. Oh well, what can you do! Also, Sister Broadhead will be in my same district because she is opening up a new city to sisters too! A lot of companionships, mostly elders, are opening up new cities or whitewashing, because so many new elders came in this transfer! We got two new sisters and like 9 or 10 elders and we're only losing 1 sister and 2 elders, so it's a lot! They also got rid of all the sisters in trios, so that's why the four of us are opening new cities!

Hm. I feel like I had a lot to tell you all. But ya know, I'm still in shock, so I don’t really know what else to say. The Buda life has been great though. I'm sad that it's ending. We have just recently found soo many golden people and all of our investigators are really too cool to describe in words, it's SO cool to watch their conversions and help them realize things in their lives. I can't even think about it really, because it just makes me mad that I'm leaving once again. Oh well. I'm SUPER excited to go see the west and serve with Fowers, because she's hilarious and super hard working!

I hope you all have a great week! I'll write you next week... from Veszprém.
Love,
Sister Butterfield





PS: *It's actually in the Western part of Hungary, it's just a part of the Southwest mission Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment